dreaming

Re: [dreaming] Data reliability?!

Hi folks,
  Unless I'm reading the results section of this paper incorrectly, I think
that some of Peretz' (and David's) uncertainties about data representation
in the figures can be explained by the fact that the author at times plots
on the Y axis raw scores and at times weights from the regression analyses.
These should vary from analysis to analysis. But I agree that there are
some missing results whose inclusion would have made the study much more
interpretable. The misquoting of Dagan, et al (1991) is particularly
unfortunate.
Tore

Tore A. Nielsen, PhD
Dream & Nightmare Lab, Hopital du Sacre-Coeur,
5400, boul Gouin Ouest,  Montreal, Qc, Canada  H4J 1C5
514-338-2693 (tel), 514-338-2531 (fax)
nieltore@CRHSC.UMontreal.CA
http://prelude.psy.umontreal.ca/dreams/
  ---- Assistant Professor of Psychiatry, Universite de Montreal ----